Over the past week I have come across some things that have either missed the mark or are down right stupid. Please don’t tell Tweedle E that I said the “s” word. Anyway here they are in no particular order.
1. The suggestion that 300 pound of wheat would make a good Christmas Gift for your wife. Come on, I am as much a proponent of food storage as the next guy, but if I am going to buy (or make) something nice for my hubby, he darn well better return the favor. I mean no disrespect to the wonderful lady who gave the family preparedness presentation yesterday, but I believe that wheat and other food storage stuffs should be included in the family budget under groceries. Unless specifically asked for wheat and like items are not good Christmas gifts for your wife. Even Pa (Charles Ingalls), when they had no money, found a piece of wood and carved something nice for Ma (Caroline Ingalls).
2. Member of the Church who write books under the Classification of historical fiction, where they make up a love story about a prophet that never happened. P.S. Abinidi’s wife is not Raquel and there is no evidence to support such a claim. The spaniards hadn’t reached the americas yet.
3. Carrie Says that she doesn’t think a Vampire would make a very good husband and father. Obsessions with Edward are lame. Her words not mine.. she is married to a guy that calls it Toilet instead of Twilight.
4. The opposition to the minority government of Canada trying to over through said government by forming a coalition government. I know technically this is possible, but why do they think that the canadian people who didn’t put them in office in the first place (and gave them less seats than the last time) would support them in their endeavor to gain power. I know they say this was in the works the day the election was called, but I find it interesting that this announcement should come after the finance minister announces that members of parliament (MPs) should be tightening their belts as well. Talk about fiscal irresponsibility worst case scenario: Stephan Dion as Prime Minister and Jack Layton as finance minister. What a better way to further divide our country and discourage the voting public. If you are as mad as I am plan to attend one of the following rallies
5. Using a mommy blog to vent about things political and trying to hide it in humor. Also using the word government 3 times in a sentence.